Lately I have been craving chicken noodle soup. However, not eating chicken, this can pose a problem. It’s not like Campbell’s makes a version just for me. So, I decided to make my own. I kinda just thew some stuff together and it turned out pretty good!
It turned out quite yummy! I served it with some of the fresh wheat bread I made the night before and some oranges and had quite a lovely dinner and lunch today.
Here’s how I did it:
Emily’s Faux-Chicken Noodle Soup
8 cups water
4 vegetable bullion cubes
1 Tbs oil
1/2 to full bag/box fake chicken, (I used Morningstar Farms Meal Starters)
3 medium carrots, chopped
3 celery stalks, chopped
1 large onion, chopped
1 tsp. thyme
3 cups egg noodles
2 Tbs parsley
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large soup pan, bring water and bullion to a simmer.
2. While base is simmering, use the oil in a skillet and cook the fake chicken. Remove from pan.
3. Put carrots, celery, onion, and thyme in skillet and cook until soft.
4. While vegetables are cooking, cut “chicken” into bite size pieces. Add to vegetables.
5. Add vegetable/chicken mixture to broth. Add in noodles, parsley and salt and pepper as desired. Simmer for 20 minutes and enjoy!
I did a whole bag of the fake chicken this go around and it was too much for me, but it’s really to your taste, so add as much/little as you want.