So, I looked in my fridge and realized I get a bag of potatoes or sweet potatoes every single time I go to the store, and just had a TON of potatoes to use up, so what to do? Make my Confetti Potato Salad of course! I made this up, but it’s my absolute favorite! Hmmm…On a side note, real confetti is one of my least favorite things. It’s fun, but what a pain to clean up, and it is like glitter – it never fully goes away.
Anyways, back to our story…
Emily’s Confetti Potato Salad
- 2 potatoes
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 1 c. mayonaise
- 1/2 c. sour cream
- 2 Tbs. mustard (yellow or dijon)
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 1/2 c. chopped onion
- 1/4 c. sweet relish
- 3 Tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3-4 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1. Peel and chop sweet potatoes and boil in a large pan with a pinch of salt. While boiling, peel and chop regular potatoes and add to same pot until both are cooked but not mushy – about 20 minutes.
- 2. While potatoes are cooking, combine in a large bowl mayonaise, sour cream, mustard, celery, onion, relish, sugar, garlic powder, paprika, salt and pepper.
- 3. Cool cooked potatoes slightly and then toss with dressing.
- 4. Chop and gently fold in egg. Cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until serving.
Since I was cooking up cubes of potatoes anyways, I boiled event more, and kept some to mash up for mashed potatoes. I haven’t decided if I am going to eat as is or use it in a casserole.