So, now that I have a bazillion jars of that Pineapple Lime Marmalade, I had to find a way to use it up. It’s pretty limey, so I don’t see myself using it every morning on my toast. Sometimes, but not every day. But what to do with it?
I already discovered it is yummy with cream cheese and crackers. Mmmmmm….but then I thought, what about thumb print cookies? Thumb print cookies rolled in coconut! Man, it was ON!
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 cup Pineapple Lime Marmalade
- 1/2 to 1 cup shredded coconut
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and egg yolks. Mix in flour until a soft dough forms. Scoop with a small scooper and roll dough into 1 inch balls. If dough is too soft, freeze and start again. Roll cookies in coconut and place balls 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Use your thumb to make a well in the center of each cookie. Fill the hole with 1/2 teaspoon of marmalade.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, until golden brown on the bottom. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
These turned out AWESOME. However, you must like key lime pie to like these cookies. If you don’t, well, more for us I guess.