I have a very tiny garden to go with my very tiny apartment. Half of it is in pots, and the other is growing over the sidewalk. But, me and the munchkin make the most of the space and were able to fit in tomatoes, carrots, beans, egg plant, lettuce, herbs, bell peppers, hot peppers, zucchini, and even some potatoes. Every morning we go out and water our garden and pull some weeds. Well, I pull weeds and water while the munchkin digs in the dirt and terrorizes some poor bug.
Our hard work is paying off. Our cherry tomatoes have started to come in, and we’ve gotten quite a few beans. Today we thinned out the carrots, as they were a little forest growing in our garden. Luckily, munchkin is more apt to eat veggies when he picks them himself, so he pulled the carrots and picked the beans. Score one for mom!
Vegetables and Rice
- 1 clove garlic
- carrots, chopped
- onions, chopped
- green beans, snapped into 1-inch pieces
- red bell pepper, chopped
- Muenster cheese
- Put rice and water in a pot in a 2:1 ratio and cook to directions on package
- saute garlic, carrots, and onion in pan. Add green beans and cover and cook on medium heat for five minutes
- Add in bell pepper and cook to desired crispness
- Spoon hot rice onto plate and cover with a slice of muenster cheese, allowing the cheese to melt and top with veggies.