Last week it was 80 degrees and sunny. It was awesome. It was lovely out, and inspired me, so Munchkin and I made some super yummy chocolate bananas foster. Mmmmmm! It may taste more like dessert, but who cares? It was awesome.
Chocolate Bananas Foster
- Pancakes with chocolate chips in them (I use the 1950’s Betty Crocker Cookbook pancakes, page 72.)
- 3 bananas, cut to your preference. I enjoy slices
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- Make your pancakes. Stir the chocolate chips directly into the batter. Keep warm in oven.
- Melt butter in a large skillet. Add in brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon. Cook until bubbly
- Add in walnuts and bananas and cook until heated
- Place heaping spoonfuls on top of pancakes. Drizzle with chocolate syrup and top with whipped cream